I found this article on one of my favorite blogs and thought it could be of some use to my readers.
Posts Tagged “Moving on”
These are a few simple steps to help you relieve yourself of past pain and move forward to a more peaceful and happy life.
- Identify the source of the pain
- Think about the impact of the pain on your life
- Accept that you may never know the reason the past pain was inflicted in the first place.
- Have patience with yourself, this takes time.
- Get angry, at the pain itself. This is holding you back from experiencing life to the fullest.
- Laugh, Laughing releases feel good endorphins.
- Perform a ritual of writing down the source of the pain, on paper and burn it, let the pain and hurt go with the smoke.
- When you find yourself thinking about it, distract yourself and think of something positive, like what the future can hold.
- If you find yourself unable to let go, seek professional help.
Ultimately you and you alone are in charge of your feelings and life. When you successfully let go of the past and move on, it will seem like a tremendous weight will have been lifted from you and you can move on to a better future. Your power is in being able to let go and to forgive, you are the one and only one with that power. You no longer need the pain and hurt, your life is waiting.